A common question from first time pregnant mums is, How do I dress while breastfeeding? Why? It’s a bit like chocolate, you don’t need it, but once you had some, you can’t be without it! I discovered nursing wear after the birth of my second son, and I can’t believe how I ever managed before with my first son two years prior. I now realize I spent a lot of time hidden away in my mother’s rooms and away from the action. Nursing clothes can serve many different functions. They are designed to be supportive and adjustable, and of course, give your baby easy access to breastfeeding while remaining discreet.
There are so many styles for breastfeeding clothes available, all offering different nursing openings you are sure to find nursing clothes which meets your need. The number of innovative ways to get access to breastfeeding is vast, and here are just some of the popular ones that make it easy to feed your baby.
Tips for dressing styles while breastfeeding
- Vertical nursing opening: these breastfeeding tops have two vertical breastfeeding openings which open by lifting the nursing top’s first layer. The front layer usually is very light, which offers discretion.
- Central nursing opening: one vertical center opening in the middle, which is accessible from either side, through side seams. The double layers in the front are not together. This means that the breastfeeding top retains its shape when the flaps are pulled aside for natural breastfeeding.
- Double side nursing openings: the nursing top will have a top layer that needs to be lifted to access two sizeable vertical side openings, and these tops have an all-around underlayer, which means you don’t need to worry about showing any flesh.
- Cross over: several breastfeeding tops and nursing dresses have two panels which crossover on the front, which can be lifted on either side to give easy access.
- Pull aside neckline: these nursing tops are high as you can get access by pushing the neckline to one side, and there is an underlayer that provides access to discretion.
- Pull down: For these breastfeeding tops, you can pull down the neckline and lift the inner layer to get access to feed.
- Oversized armholes: These have worked well on some breastfeeding dresses, but the oversized armholes give chic style, and by pulling aside the oversized armholes, you can get to the nursing.
- Empire opening: This is another popular way to access the opportunities, as your life the top layer at the empire band (across the bottom of breasts) and access the nursing openings.
Brunches and outings are a task when you’re breastfeeding. Does that mean you’ll skip out on your fun? With a cute breastfeeding dress like this, the answer is a significant and happy no!
It has buttons on the front for easy access. The cotton made dress provides relief in the blistering heat without compromising on style.
Finding the proper size for nursing clothes can be difficult, especially if you are trying to choose a fit before you have your baby. It is essential to be fitted for a nursing bra once you have your baby so it can provide the best support possible while nursing the baby. It is also a good idea to buy nursing clothes that will still look stylish, whether they are a little bit tighter or a little bit baggier because women’s bodies can change so much after they give birth and when they are breastfeeding.