Childbirth is a beautiful experience in a women’s life that completely changes the meaning of her existence. Giving birth is a radical change in every women’s life, no matter its first, second, third, or fourth time. No one can understand the root purpose of a women’s fear and angst at the time of pregnancy or childbirth. The more women know about the nuts and bolts of the accouchement, the more she can live the experience of childbirth without fear.
Most of the women find this experience emotional and full of excitement, while some mothers find it jittery and fearful. It happens because, by the time they get pregnant, they come to know about the horrifying stories about childbirths or had at some point in their life, witnessed the painful births of few others.
However, for a few, this feeling can also bring anxiety and discomfort. Thus, identification of the exact cause behind the fear becomes essential.
Common Cause of Fear in Most Mothers
- Many mothers keep on thinking about their babies’ internal growth and health, maybe because somewhere in their past, they had lost their child before birth or so. So the prior experience can make them feel restless and fearful.
- Few women are worried about their loneliness at the time of delivery. Some are single at the time of birth due to some reasons their spouse may not be with them, or they had to face the birth time alone.
- Many women are concerned about the tremendous pain, and they are bothered by how they will handle it at the delivery time.
- Fear of losing the child is the biggest fear that almost all women have.
- Some mothers have health issues that either arose at the time of pregnancy or earlier to that. These health problems may bother them at the time of childbirth.
- Women find that their attractiveness gets lost at the time of labor, and this aggravation may also bother them.
How to Handle Childbirth without Fear
There is a need to show your readiness to face whatever comes in front of you throughout the pregnancy and birth. Knowing about childbirth maneuver could help to curtail your torment and experience; childbirth without fear.
Talking to your health care expert about your fear or anxiety is the first key to deal with the apprehension.
Your family, friends, and your spouse come next with whom you can discuss your distress. With their relieving support and stories about their experiences will make you feel lighter and revitalized.
Other’s terrifying experiences and stories make you disturbed, and thus you must avoid listening to such disturbing news or stories that come on your merry way. At this time, you must stay happy all the time by reading good books or novels, doing good activities that will revitalize you internally and externally. Mothers must do all that-which brings them happiness and joy. The pregnancy and childbirth experience is unique; you must experience and enjoy every moment of this course.
To endure childbirth without fear, you can go for relaxation sessions, yoga centers where meditation and massage can be pursued. It is an outstanding way to relax your body and mind during pregnancy or before childbirth.
Physiological consultation may also help you if things are getting beyond your control.
Remember, childbirth is the normal process and hence should be treated normally. It is not a disease but a significant event in every women’s life. It may be painful or grueling, but in the end, it is the miraculous bundle of joy, magic, and real-life parenthood emotion.